Connect with us
Discuss your tuckshop with us
Spinach and Ricotta Scroll
QAST, Palm Beach-Currumbin State High School
- Chris Ogden
2cupSelf raising flour
1.25cupLow fat Greek yoghurt
Salt and Pepper to taste
Grated low fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with paper.
- Squeeze out the the thawed spinach and place in a bowl with the ricotta and egg and season
- Mix flour and greek yoghurt to form a smooth ball and knead for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to a 30cm x 25cm rectangle.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the dough.
- Roll up from long side and cut into 3cm thick slices. Place cut side up onto tray.
- Sprinkle with low fat grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
This is great healthy snack that is ideal for over the counter sales and quick and easy to make ahead of time and freeze.
Can use frozen spinach. Thaw and drain the frozen spinach well before adding to the ricotta.